How to install the simulation package
- First of all retrieve THIS
file and un-tar-gzip-it.
tar -xzf megsim.tgz
- cd to the newly created directory megsim
- create the symbolic link to the GEANT include directory
ln -s /cern/pro/geant/include/ ./geant321
- edit the Makefile and put the destination directory
in the right line:
CLIBDIR = directory where the CERNLIB are
cp $(OBJECTS) /disk/where/to_put/OBJs
# End of Makefile
- Type make to build the OBJECT files
- Type make install to copy them to the right directory (possibly
accessible by all users)
- Type make clean to delete useless files.
Remember to set the Makefile in the other packages (
test.tar and lp.tar ) to point to the directory where you
installed the OBJECT files. (See these Makefiles for further information)
Click HERE to go back.
Jan 11th, 2001